Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Truth in the Tinsel: Day 1

Today was our first day celebrating advent! Although I grew up in a christian home advent was not something we did as a holiday tradition. As my girls are getting older my desire to teach them about Jesus gets stronger and stronger, and what better time to teach this than the holiday season as we get closer to celebrating the day our Savior was born!
I looked at several different advent books for children but one that stuck out to me was Truth in the Tinsel by Amanda. It seemed to get really good reviews and I loved how simple it was. I knew my girls would love doing a craft everyday and I loved that I could print out simple ornaments for those days that we were just a little too busy to complete a whole craft.

So here we are! We were a little late getting started so I'm going to double up and we should be caught up by Friday. We'll also be doing some of the simple cutout ornaments this week since I still need to get some supplies and need to wait until payday on Friday. Today went really well and I'm super excited about the upcoming days!

Printed out and placed in a simple binder.

Each day's supplies including the cutout for the advent chain. Inspired by this.





Super excited :)








No comments:

Post a Comment