Thursday, December 15, 2011

Finding my medium...

I have always felt like an artist. I've always felt inspired to create. Despite this I have struggled to find my medium. I can look at a drawing, a painting, or a photograph and feel inspired but I have struggled to use any of these mediums to translate my own inspiration into works.
Artistic medium according to Wikipedia: "In the arts, a media or medium is a material used by an artist or designer to create a work."

I was cleaning up today and I realized that the kitchen has become my art studio. Instead of paintbrushes I have spoons and spatulas. Instead of paint I have various ingredients that I blend together to form muffins, and cakes, and breads.
When I am in the kitchen I feel inspired and I am able to translate that inspiration into works that are pleasing to others.

And with that I find peace and satisfaction.



The Artist.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you have found ways to make an artistic meal with the food allergies your family has. For me, the plainer the meal the more easily I digest it.

    I used to love to cook.... then I got sick with candida. For a year or so, I still cooked a lot of things and didn't get to eat any of it. Now, we mostly grill out. I eat a lot of vegetables and a little protein. Sometimes I have a sweet potato or a red potato. That is about all I cook anymore. It just has become no fun to cook and not get to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! We are also dealing with candida and trying to heal our leaky guts, which has gotten worse since the holidays...we still ate pretty well just too much sugar! We are not able to eat many fun foods right now either so I do feel somewhat uninspired in the kitchen but I hope this will pass. Once we can get honey and almond flour back in our diets we will be good to go! I do still enjoy cooking for others though even if I don't get to taste it, it gives me satisfaction to know that at least someone gets to enjoy their food! :p

    ReplyDelete