Saturday, November 19, 2011

My not so traditional grain free Thanksgiving...

So I know turkey is the traditional thanksgiving meat but I don't really want to cook a whole turkey just for the 3 of us, and I've had a hard time finding turkey that all 3 of us tolerate. If we had a wholefoods close by I probably could find some but all the turkey around here has stuff added to it. So, chicken it is! I'm just going to roast a whole chicken with thyme and rosemary, seems appropriate for thanksgiving :)

Next on the list is cranberry jello. I bought some 100% cranberry juice and plan to make jello using the juice, knox gelatin, and honey. Just follow the recipe on the back of the knox box.

Our side is going to be broccoli and cauliflower casserole using the recipe from this blog.

I wanted to make this carrot souffle but we don't have chicken stock and have already exhausted our food budget for the week so it will have to wait.

We are missing stuffing here but making a grain free version would be very labor intensive and the girls are so young I don't think they'll miss it...maybe next year! Instead we're going to have coconut flour biscuits.

For dessert I'm making these cheesecake swirl brownies using this dairy free cream cheese recipe for the swirl.

So, that's how I plan to keep my family happy and healthy this Thanksgiving!









.

No comments:

Post a Comment